The Theological School

The Theological School

The Theological School has attracted students from around the globe since its inception.  This blending of diverse cultures has yielded fruit in the form of lectures and interdisciplinary colloquia, a sampling of which appears here.  The signing of the Matriculation book remains an important and serious ceremony in the life of the school, but as an article in the Theological School’s Circuit Rider newsletter reveals, there was, and still is, room for levity among budding pastors. The construction of the Methodist Archives and History Center in 1981 deepened the relationship between the university and the church tradition of its founding.

 

Photograph of International Seminarians, c. 1930. The first South American student came to Drew in 1870.  The first students from India and Japan arrived in 1872.

The Theological School