Brothers College was founded in 1928. The letter from Arthur and Leonard Baldwin to the Board of Trustees offering to endow the school appears here for the first time. College students in the 1930s took part in dances like the one pictured in this case. Incoming freshmen had to follow strict regulations about their dress and behavior, but they were allowed to select the colors green and gold to represent the new undergraduate college. From 1943 to the end of the Second World War,
U. S. Navy V-12 sailors/students lived in the rechristened U.S.S. Hoyt-Bowne.
Letter from Leonard D. Baldwin and Arthur J. Baldwin to the Trustees of Drew Theological Seminary, January 26, 1928 offering to endow a school of liberal arts at Drew to be named Brothers College.
Pamphlet, Brothers College Freshman Rules, 1942-1943. The pamphlet also contains John E. Barclay’s Alma Mater for the University.
Photograph of Navy V-12 Unit sailors in Brothers Courtyard, 1943 or 1944. Drew professors taught 200 V-12 sailors during the Second World War.
“Dink” cap belonging to John Harold Runyon, C’1967.
Name Tag for David “Dave” Rein, Brothers College Class of 1956.
Song Booklet, Drew Songs and Cheers., c. 1935.
Letter from students of Brothers College to President Arlo Ayres Brown, November 21, 1929. In this letter, members of the student body petitioned that green and gold become the official colors of the College.
Photograph of a Brothers College Dance held in the Great Hall of S.W. Bowne Hall, c. 1935.
Undated Drew University dance card with pencil. Traditionally, women would use these cards to record the names of their partner for each successive dance number at a formal dance.